Monday, March 14, 2011

WHATS IN YOUR FACE AND BODY PRODUCTS?


I thought I would share with you ingredients that I use in my All Natural Face and Body Products. Where they come from and how they help you get healthier skin. I hope this interests you as much as it does me. So let’s start with the Hazelnut and its oil that is in my Nourishing Face Cream with Extra: Toning, Sunscreen
& Anti-aging properties!


Growing up in Oregon I have lived near Hazelnut Orchards my entire life and I knew they were one of my favorite nuts to eat. But what I didn’t know was how amazing this small cobnut was for our skin when cold pressed into oil.

Oregon and Washington, I thought, was one of the largest suppliers of Hazelnuts but we supply only a small portion to the World. I found instead the Hazelnut is an extremely valuable nut cultivated in Turkey, Europe, Iran and Caucasus and some parts of Canada along with our US States Oregon and Washington, with Turkey being the main producer with nearly 75% of worldwide production.

The Hazelnut is not only good for you when eaten but the oil processed from the nut is exceptionally good for the skin. Hazelnut Oil for the skin has a high content of essential fatty acids like linoleic acid making it an excellent emollient and moisturizer. The oil, being light gets easily absorbed by the skin and is especially used for its astringent antibacterial properties that refines and closes pores, controls excess sebum and acne while toning the facial skin by maintaining skin elasticity. Hazelnut Oil has rejuvenating properties that aid in cell regeneration and strengthening capillaries. Regular application controls free radicals and smooth’s and delays wrinkles.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I had no idea! Awesome information Judy. Do you put Hazelnut in all your creams or just special orders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Becky, I do not use Hazelnut Oil in all of my creams. I use Hazelnut Oil mostly in the specialty creams and it may seem strange but I use Hazelnut Oil for oily acne prone skin and for skin damaged by the sun or older skin that is more prone to wrinkles. Of course there are all of the other ingredients that are added that compliment and add to reversing, rejuvenating and protecting sensitive skin. I will be sure and let you know about each of them.

    ReplyDelete